Kan an Cider
Part of the Kanow Breizh Kernow project for Lowender Peran 2021.
- Na berthens avi nagonan. lon la
- Nans yw hi tri mis pries ov, lon la
- Ny allsen paragh lakka prov, lon la
- Puptydh o mothow, klappya kas, lon la,
- Ha potya pals, ha tis-ha-tas, lon la
- Ha henn yw praga eva re, lon la,
- Myrghessa hag omlowenhe, lon la
A popular Breton Drinking song sung in kan ha diskan style with a leader and a chorus.
Tony Snell, Cornish Bard Gwas Kevardhu, circulated a version of the Breton Drinking song “Son ar Chistr” to other Cornish speakers in 1975 and it has since become a popular song at Cornish singing sessions and aquired various versions of the lyrics.